What is Sampling?
Each of us has different tastes in wine, so we believe that you need to try a wine before deciding whether to buy it.
In each shop we have up to 80 wines available to sample every day, ranging from inexpensive party wines to the world's finest bottles.
You pay a small fraction of the bottle price for each sample so there is no pressure to buy and complete freedom to try whatever you fancy.
Just come into the shop and ask for a sampling card and we will explain the rest.
What is currently sampling?
In each shop we have up to 72 wines arranged by grape variety, so you can compare the same grapes from different countries, prices and vintages. We also have a special sampling machine in each shop which is dedicated to some fascinating and occasionally very expensive wines.
What's on the Old, Rare and Random Machine this week?
- Louis Remy MSD 1er cru Ormes 2012
- Hudelot Baillet Chambolle 1er cru Les Cras 2013
- Hudelot Baillet Bonnes Mares Grand Cru 2013
- Rossignol Trapet Latriciers-Chambertin Grand Cru 2013
- Meo Camuzet Nuits St George 1er Cru Aux Boudots 2013
- Chateau Pichon Longeville Baron 2002
- Chateau Pichon Longeville Baron 2000
- Susana Balbo Nosostros Francis 2012
- Remoriquet Nuits St Georges, 1C les St Georges 2012
- Remoriquet Vosnes-Romanee, 1C Au dessus des Malconsorts 2012
- Beaucastel Chateauneuf du Pape 1994
- Domaine Rostaing Cote Rotie Ampodium 2015
- Sons of Eden Romulus 2015
- First Drop Fat of the Land Seppeltsfield
- Tresmanos Proventur 2015
- Hacienda Monasterio Ribera del Duero 1997